Call for Papers Thematic issue on "Measurement in STEM Education"
Nowadays, quantitative methodologies have been traditionally adopted to evaluate learning processes in a broad sense, including class interventions and large-scale surveys. However, only recently there has been an increased use of rigorous psychometric assessment of new instruments, randomized clinical trials, longitudinal designs and multivariate analyses in STEM (Science – Technology – Engineering – Mathematics) education field. This thematic issue seeks applied and methodological papers addressing challenging problems using new and established statistical methods to the field of STEM education.
The following research themes are particularly welcome:
- Assessment and Evaluation of Science Learning Processes
- Assessment, Evaluation, Accountability and Educational Improvement
- Data Science for Learning Processes and Education
- Learning processes in Higher Education
- Methods and Methodological Aspects in Science Education Research
- Motivation, Engagement, and Metacognition
- Network Analysis in Education and Learning Processes
- Science and Technology Disciplinary Identities
- Teaching Processes and Teacher Education
- Visualization of Science Learning Processes
This call addresses to all the works and research presented at the First Conference on MEasurement in STEM Education (MESE1) held in Naples 30th January – 1st February 2023 but remains open to interested researchers. Submitted articles must not have been previously published or currently submitted for journal publication elsewhere.
Tentative publication date for the issue is July 2024.
- William Boone (Miami University, United States) - email@example.com
- Silvia Galano (University Federico II of Naples, Italy) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lucio Palazzo (University Federico II of Naples, Italy) - email@example.com
- Giancarlo Ragozini (University Federico II of Naples, Italy) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Italo Testa (University Federico II of Naples, Italy) - email@example.com
Statistica Applicata - Italian Journal of Applied Statistics is a green Open Journal that publishes the articles under the Creative Commons (CC BY) licensing agreement. Articles are indexed in the Scopus database. The Journal charges the authors neither for the submission nor for the publication of the accepted papers.
All submitted manuscripts will be peer reviewed, and they are expected to adhere to the standards of the journal. Authors are encouraged to follow the specifications and use the templates (MS-Word or LaTeX) available in “Authors Guidelines” (see here).
During the submission procedure, specify in the field "Comments for the editor": Measurement in STEM Education.
The deadline for paper submissions is September 30th, 2023.